Evergreen Club Membership... Good For Golfers
JUSTIFIABLE ACCESS TO CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Initial and Annual Evergreen Membership Deposits Are Less Than Annual Club Dues...
And Require No or Very Minimal Upfront Costs
FLEXIBILITY AND CONTROL OF SPENDING
Evergreen Members Have Complete Control Over How The Deposit to Their Club is Used
You'll Only Pay For the Rounds You Play
BUSINESS ENTERTAINING ADVANTAGES
If You Use Your Club For Business Entertaining... Evergreen Deposit Membership Can Provide Real Tax Benefits
The IRS Has Eliminated Club Dues as a Deduction... But, Evergreen Members Pay NO Dues
Evergreen Members Have 24/7 Real Time Access To Every Transaction Made at Their Club
Evergreen Club Membership... Good For Clubs
We Provide Guidance In Program Development and a Complete Operating System
There is Never a Need For Additional Club Expense
We Use Inbound Digital Marketing To Build Data Bases of Golfers Interested In Deposit Club Membership
We Can Help Find You New Prospective Members
MARKETING STRATEGY FOR YOUR CLUB
We'll Help You Tell Your Club's Member Story
Under Your Banner With No Compromise To The Status of 501c7 Clubs
DATA BASE MANAGEMENT
On Our Server... But Your Property
|WANT TO KNOW MORE... Call Us at 800-269-5114
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
DO EVERGREEN MEMBERS ACTUALLY HOLD MEMBERSHIP AT A SPECIFIC CLUB?
Yes. Evergreen is just a classification of membership at each of our partner clubs. In lieu of traditional fixed rate dues, an Evergreen member’s financial commitment to his/her club is in the form of an initial/annual deposit. The club in turn grants the membership access and privileges in accordance with that club's Evergreen membership guidelines.
HOW DOES EVERGREEN MEMBERSHIP WORK?
Evergreen members receive a unique member/debit card which is preloaded with their initial depsoit; while at their club they use the card to pay for all goods and services… including golf and guest fees. Unlike fixed rate dues, an Evergreen deposit based member has complete control over how their financial commitment to their club is used.
WHAT ARE THE SPECIFIC MEMBER ADVANTAGES OF EVERGREEN MEMBERSHIP OVER THE TRADITIONAL DUES BASED OPTION?
Most of today’s golfers no longer have time to play a sufficient number of rounds to justify monthly, or annual fixed rate club dues. The Evergreen deposit based option to club membership changes that dynamic in three very significant ways.
- Justification – The Evergreen member upfront deposit commitment to the club is considerably less than the annual dues required for membership access; in addition, there is no (or very minimal) upfront fees.
- Flexibility -- Because the commitment to the club is in the form of a deposit, Evergreen members have complete control over all spending at the club. The value on an Evergreen member card(s) may be used for golf fees, guest golf fees, grillroom purchases… even pro shop merchandise Deposit based members pay only for the rounds they play.
- Possible Tax Benefits -- Traditional club dues have been deemed, by the IRS, to be a nondeductable expense, but the cost of business entertaining at a club does meet the guidelines as an entertainment deduction. When a deposit based member utilizes his/her club for business entertaining, that transaction becomes a tax deductible expense. And, Evergreen provides real time cloud based accounting for easy reporting.
WHY WOULD CLUBS OFFER A DEPOSIT BASED MEMBERSHIP PLATFORM?
Having less leisure time has forced golfers to look hard at their golf investment. Paying fixed rate club dues has become increasingly difficult to justify; membership rosters at many of the nations clubs have undergone substantial attrition.
WHY WOULD A CLUB PARTNER WITH EVERGREEN TO OFFER DEPOSIT BASED MEMBESHIP?
- Our Experience --
The Evergreen concept of deposit membership is unlike anything that private clubs or semi-private golf facilities have dealt with. There are a number of nuances and subtleties that, if not properly established, can create pitfalls to the program.
- Platform –
Evergreen has built a proprietary and intuitive cloud based operating platform which includes: member card processing, back office accounting, CPI/PCI compliant membership deposit stores, data base management; email marketing, and secure member account portals… our package is complete and seamless for members and for our partner clubs.
- Member Prospecting and Referrals–
Using inbound digital marketing techniques Evergreen is developing a data base of golfers interested in the Evergreen concept of club membership.
- Protection --
All aspects of Evergreen marketing are designed to protect the status of Private Clubs operating in the 501c7 category... For Semi-Private Facilities – Evergreen will guide our partner clubs in the development of a product that will attract the golfer looking for something other than price, and avoid the onslaught of discounting and third party tee time providers.
- Cost --
Evergreen compensation is completely performance driven. There are no upfront costs to partner clubs.
WHAT DO CLUBS REQUIRE AS AN INITIAL DEPOSIT FOR EVERGREEN MEMBERSHIP?
Evergreen member deposits vary among participating clubs. As a general rule the initial deposit for Evergreen membership is between 40 and 60 percent of the annual club dues per individual.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN AN EVERGREEN MEMBERSHIP BALANCE BECOMES DEPLETED?
During their tenure of membership Evergreen members may add value to their account balance at any time.
WHAT IS THE DISPOSITION OF EVERGREEN MEMBER ACCOUNT BALANCES AT THE END OF A SEASON?
For Evergreen deposit members who renew their membership for the ensuing season (by making the annual initial deposit) the remaining value in their account balance is carried forward. When membership is not renewed, there are two scenarios for the disposition of the value on an expiring member’s card.
- At those facilities operating as exclusively private clubs – expiry means that the individual is no longer a club member. Because the club is exclusively private, expiration in membership means that the former member no longer has access to the club; any remaining balance is forfeited to the club.
- At those facilities operating as a semi-private club – expiry means that the individual no longer has ‘membership’ privileges, but the value on his/her membership card is still valid. In effect, a non-returning member’s card becomes a gift card.